Sunday, February 23, 2020

Back to My Respiratory Problems

So, awhile back I talked about being hospitalized because I couldn't breathe. Now, on the on-going saga, I did a sleep study this past week which seems to indicate I have sleep apnea. I have a follow up appointment with the doctor on Friday to make sure but the technologist thought it looked like I have sleep apnea.




So, you go to the bedroom and kind of get ready for bed. The technologist comes in and puts a boat load of wires on you at some point. I mean, on your head, body, legs. Made it kind of hard to move in bed.



Long story short, when I slept without the C Pap machine and when I slept using it, it was like night and day. The technologist measured a major difference and it didn't take much from the machine to make that difference.

For me, this might be a good sign. I've been worried I have COPD and I'm hoping the root to my problems is sleep apnea and not COPD. We'll see. I have an appointment to check on the COPD thing in the future.




Anyway, at my follow up appointment for the sleep study, I suspect I'll end up with the C Pap machine and hopefully it will turn these health problems around for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment